The BEST guacamole recipe ever – no really. Serious goodness in a very simple form. Top chips, burritos, taco salads, nachos, or a spoon with this guacamole and prepare to become addicted! Unfortunately, I can’t take credit for the heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, fiber, or vitamins and minerals in this . . .
… prepare to become addicted!– guac’s #1 obsessor, me
I don’t mean to brag, but my guacamole is [self-proclaimed] world-famous. My guacamole is so world
And that, my friends, is a true story.– the bride
The problem is, historically, I have never measured my ingredients. A little this, a little that, taste, repeat. But for you, the world . . . or in this case, I measured. I will say that every avocado is different and so tasting and adding a little more of this or that is generally required, but I’m providing you with a heck-
Remember when we used to be scared of avocados because they are high in fat? Now they are like everyone’s besties and being carried in their whole form in purses and lunch bags. We aren’t fat-phobic like we once were and we recognize that the fat contained in these guys
BTW, guacamole is a triplet! He loves being with his sibs, restaurant style salsa and pico de gallo. As long as I am making pico de gallo, I nearly always make guacamole at the same time because the only extra step is mashing avocados!
- 3 medium avocados, mashed
- 1 T lime juice
- ⅓ Roma tomato, chopped (~3T)
- 2 T purple onion, finely chopped
- 1 t minced garlic
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- ¼ t Lawry’s seasoning salt + more to taste preference
- Sprinkle black pepper
- Halve the avocados, take out the seed and scoop the goodness into a medium bowl. Drizzle lime juice over the avocados and mash and mix with a fork. I like my avocados pretty well mashed. Add the tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro and seasoning salt, mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size:1/3 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 11gSodium: 71mgProtein: 2g