Simple and delicious over chicken, pair with some crusty toast on the side!
I got the inspiration for this recipe when I went to a friend’s open house for her new home. You know the saying, “she doesn’t have a jealous bone in her body”? Well, no one has ever said that about me. Truth be told, every bone in my body is actually a jealous bone, it’s been medically confirmed. So while I was incredibly happy for this friend while walking around her spacious new home with beautiful floor, paint, and fixtures . . . the highlight of the experience was a rediscovered love for the bruschetta that I became friendly with at her appetizer table.
The mother-in-law was spouting off how she made it in a really thick Brooklyn accent and all I could think was, “yo Ma, can you get some more of that crusty bread?”. While I did pair my own creation with some crusty bread at home, we totally enjoyed it over my Quick and Easy Italian Grilled Chicken.
This is a quick and easy addition to add freshness and variation to a very quick chicken entree. I typically mix my bruschetta a few hours early to allow flavors to marinate. You may wish to de-seed your tomatoes to cut down on liquid in the finished product; or, even drain some of the juices after salt is added.
Now go and find your own crusty bread 🙂– a bread lover
- Italian Marinated Chicken:
- 6 thin sliced chicken breast (~4 oz each)
- 2 cup Italian dressing (I adore Olive Garden Lite Italian)
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped (~2 cups) (you may de-seed if trying to avoid excess liquid)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup basil
- 3 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed into small pieces
Italian Grilled Chicken
- Place thin sliced chicken breast in marinade for 30 minutes - 2hrs prior to grilling. Discard marinade after chicken is removed.
- Grill at ~450 degrees until internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached (~4-5 minutes per side).
- Top with bruschetta.
- Dice tomatoes, add salt and mix. Note: For less liquid product, you may deseed your tomatoes and let tomatoes and salt sit for 10 minutes and drain prior to adding remaining ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients. Serve immediately or let flavors mingle for a couple hours in the refrigerator.
Serving Size:4 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 504mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 24g