The perfect “go-to” meal to keep you out of the drive-thru! A soup with plenty to keep you satisfied with high fiber beans and protein from beans and chicken!
What’s your “go-to” meal? The meal you can prepare in your sleep and always have the ingredients on hand? I’m about to introduce you to one of ours. We love it. I almost hope that my day goes to crap if it necessitates me going to this “go-to” meal. So darn easy and so dang divine.
I had to get this on the website quickly because I swear my sister asks me for the recipe weekly. Sometimes I send her the flip off emoji to demonstrate my annoyance that she is asking again and not writing it down for future reference. This one’s for you, Sissy!! And, in the spirit of full disclosure, I use her as a recipe box as well and her responses aren’t always as kind and restrained as mine.
This is one of those recipes that changes each time I make it depending on what color onions I have on hand, if I have homemade or commercial salsa if I have a rotisserie chicken, etc. The point is, you can make substitutions based on what you have on hand, and it still tastes de-freaking-
What is your “go
- 1 T avocado oil
- 1 cup onion
- ½ T garlic
- 10 oz chicken breast or 8 oz rotisserie chicken
- 32 oz chicken bouillon
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 2 T lemon juice
- ½ t chili powder
- ½ t ground cumin
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Tortilla strips
- Fresh lime wedges
- Boil chicken in large pot of water on the stove. Boil until easy to shred. Remove from water and shred. Set aside.**
- Using large pot, saute garlic and onions in avocado oil until tender or translucent, ~ 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Top with cilantro, tortilla strips, avocado, cheese, and squeeze fresh lime on top.
I frequently use Rotisserie chicken and this is a fast and delicious option as well!
Serving Size:1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 1302mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 7gProtein: 19g